Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cake Pops

I'm a super fan of cake pops, and so is everyone I make them for.  Thought I'd pass along the recipe I use.
Can be used with any cake mix you want and decorated anyway you want.  Trick is to melt the chocolate super slowly, always stiring so that it doesn't coagulate and not cover the balls of cake.  I didn't wrap them individually, I just put them all on a platter and covered with foil.  Great for kids!



 
1. Prepare the cake mix as per instructions on the box.
2. Bake cake at 350 degrees. Once cake is baked, set to cool.
3. Once cake is cool, crumble it in a large mixing bowl.
4. Mix the crumble cake together with the vanilla frosting.
5. Once mixed, place it in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
6. Roll the cake into balls. Once rolled, place them in the freezer for about an hour.
7. Once you have your cake balls rolled in the freezer, start melting the chocolate.
8. Remove the cake balls from the freezer.
9. One at a time get a lollipop stick and dip the stick about 1/2 inch of the tip into the melted candy coating and then insert the lollipop stick straight into a cake ball, pushing it no more than halfway through. Hold the cake ball and turn it back and forth or softly tap it, so the excess chocolate falls off. Place cake pops in the refrigerator to dry out completely.
Once dry you can wrap it individually.

Source

2 comments:

  1. I have actually been looking for a cake-pop recipe so this is perfect! My kids at school will love them at their next party...thanks for the detailed recipe :-)

    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! you are my first comment on my blog!!! YAY! Is it strange that I'm so excited!?!? haha

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to hearing from you!