Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March Birchbox- Review



Birchbox sends you monthly deliveries of high-end beauty samples to help you discover products you'll love.
 
I'm a little late posting my March Birchbox that I received in the beginning of the month.  But, I wanted to be able to give a review of some of these, so I held off.  I received the following items:

1) Annick Goutal perfume-full size is $85- This is very musky and strong.  I like the fruity smell, but wouldn't wear this to the office.  This would be out to dinner or drinks.
2) Essie nail polish in luxeffects- full size is $8- I haven't tried this yet.  With my wedding only a few months away, I've been getting a Gel manicure so that my nails will be half way decent by the time it gets here.  I don't like glitter for my toes, so this will have to wait until June to try.
3) Peter Thomas Roth- Max AntiShine Mattifying Gel- full size is $35- I've only remembered to use this twice all month.  It was kind of slimy when I put it on my face, then never dried.  It gave me a dewy feel, which I don't love.  My face is already oily enough, I had to use a napkin to wipe the oil around lunch time.
4) Tarte LipSurgence lip tint- $24- I was quite impressed that this was included in the regular size that you buy in the stores.  Once it faded, it kind of look like my lips were stained with orange colored wine.  No bueno unless you're going to keep on top of the re-applying.  The color at first was pretty and different from the raisin/plum I usually stick with.
5) Twistband hair tie- 12 pack is $18- I think this hair tie is good for the weekend, lounging around the house, but there is no way I could do burpees or double-unders in a workout and have my hair stay put.  I def wouldn't pay $18 for this.
6) ModCloth online coupon for $10 off $75 order or more. Gotta love my coupons!!

Sometimes..... I don't purchase anything from the Birchbox, which is fine with me, once in a while.  They do send me email deals on the items they sent me, so if I wanted to purchase I could get a discount. 

If you want to check it out, here you go!  Birchbox



No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you!